Services Provided by
Mary Knight Communications
Writing and Copyediting
Sarah Banks, editor, writer and owner of Spring Tide
“I worked with Mary on an editing project, and she is professional, friendly, and a talented editor! Highly recommend.”
I’ve been writing food and travel stories for over twenty years, each one with its own unique character. As a French-trained chef with a degree in nutrition, sharing recipes and helping readers become better cooks is my passion. I am well-versed in culinary terms, understand the nuance of recipe writing, and bring my vast knowledge and experience to the table.
As for travel, let’s say I love how it reveals the truth of a place with its many art forms. I can help your audience connect with a destination and feel like they have been there. I am proud to have showcased my writing on my blog, Spoon and Suitcase.
Although I specialize in food and travel, I am open to writing content for another favorite of mine, gardening, along with pets, community, and nature.
What I offer:
• To craft your stories, articles, or books to target your audience.
• To fact-check and research for consistency.
• A commitment to you to provide the best possible service, meet deadlines, and deliver a happy client.
Pricing for Writing
Blog posts start at 0.15 per word for around 500 words.
Longer articles that include extensive research will be charged at a higher rate. I am happy to discuss your needs and give you individualized quotes.
Let me help you polish your work! Editing is your last chance to make a great impression. A good edit can lift your voice, iron out the fine details, and put the finishing touches on your writing. I hold a certificate in copyediting from UCSD and take the profession seriously. With me, you will receive quality editing, whether it’s just a light copyedit or a heavy copyedit. Not sure which level of editing you need? Here are the differences:
• I will correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, usage, and ensure consistency in hyphenation, numerals, and capitalization.
• The above plus checking for syntax, looking for parallel structure, querying for inconsistencies, enforcing consistent style and tone, and fact checking.
• A medium copyedit plus sentence restructuring, making sure transitions are smooth, research (if needed), eliminating jargon, checking for gender neutrality.
I use Track Changes in Word so you can see my edits and respond to them. My clients receive a style sheet which can be used for the proofreader and future publications.
I advise my clients that no one is perfect and therefore I cannot guarantee that my work will be 100% error-free. I can guarantee that I will give you my 100% and strive to deliver the best possible product.
Pricing for Editing and Proofreading
Each level of copyediting comes with a different rate and is dependent upon the content and the project. Please contact me for an individualized quote.